Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wedding break!

So I'm on Peru overload. Now, I am beyond excited about this experience, and I can't wait to go. But school still sucks! I am not a fan of history books, I just can't read 'em. Makes my brain hurt. So I'm taking a Wedding Break!
I have a problem. It's called focusing-on-the-details-before-I-have-a-big-picture. Like we have our reception image planned. But no idea where that might be. In my mind the Oklahoma Heritage Center is awesome, but we have to see it in real life. I AM TAKING SUGGESTIONS. Ceremony outside, reception inside, somewhere in Oklahoma, preferably central because we know I don't like driving.

Anywho. Reception ideas:
  • Pots of moss roses as centerpieces. Easy peasy. Presents for the wedding party? Maybe just the girls, haha.
  • Tables lit from underneath. Like, glass tops with semi-opaque cover (see next) and lightbulbs underneath that make them colorful. Like this?
  • Tables covered with newsprint. To color on. Possibly with printed designs. Like kitties. (I promise Cody is excited about this too, really.)
  • Which brings me to favors = crayons! I would love to have custom wrappers. That would be awesome. But maybe just wrap the boxes.
  • Balloons on the tables instead of numbers. If we do arranged seating... to be decided.
  • Cody seriously wants a live band. Possibly an awesome one. Which I'm trying not to Debbie-downer him on.
I think that's most of our crazy ideas. If we go the arranged seating route, I want to have a fun/efficient way to get people to their table, so there's not a huge backlog of confused faces. But I suppose everyone will get it figured out by the time we're done taking pictures.

Because I refuse to take pictures with Cody before. We are both pretty excited about the whole surprise element with the dress and all. I think I'm taking it too far. I don't want anyone to know about my dress. I like surprises, so you should too?

I've been on two dress shopping trips. I think I'm not going to be a chain-shop girl. Mainly because I was amazed by the Bridal Boutique. (PS. Thanks for putting up with me today. I'm pretty sure I tried on 20 dresses. And at the end decided the first half were pointless.) I was totally expecting them to be more expensive! But they're still within my range, which makes me happy. I am slightly terrified about having to make a decision, but whatevs. It's so hard when everything is gorgeous! It's not like trying on clothes where some things just don't fit or look right. Everything. Is gorgeous. And I have to decide what's the most me-like. And when I tend to get defined as technicolor, that becomes a problem.

I'm going to go ahead and say that thinking about it too much might be a bad thing...

So. We don't have a location. But, in theory. I could be married a year from now. (Our date in relation to nothing is 6/12/10.) My only words are exciterrified. And 100% excited about the Cody part.

Oh, and if we hadn't established this, the blinding colors you see are ours. Kiwi green and skyish blue. Plus a little bit of everything else...

3 comments:

  1. I understand wanting your dress to be a surprise. You don't even have to tell me which one you pick (if its one of the two you narrowed it down to). I will even go to an extra fitting with you and keep my lips sealed. I think they're both amazing picks, you looked so beautiful in them.

    ps i'm stoked that you have a blogger thingy too. i had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. please say you'll let me give you a shower. and, the photos are a given, although it makes me nervous!

    i lOVE the newsprint idea, and moss rose - my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are some great ideas! How did you like the creekside event center? hope you had a good flight to Peru!

    ReplyDelete