Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

Yes, I will admit that I love Pocahontas. And this popped into my head flying over the beautiful lakes and rivers, and in between the big fluffy clouds.

I love flying.

Despite my tray table being lopsided at about a 30 degree angle for the last flight. Despite all the little things that have gone somewhat imperfectly along the way. PS. Chicago-O'Hare, not the most organized. Although it would have helped if I had read my ticket...

To recap - I stumbled into Will Rogers World Airport at some ungodly hour this morning (oddly enough, around the same time my roomie landed in Lima). After discovering I did not have my confirmation number for my tickets (d'oh), I eventually got to my first flight. Two hours later, I landed in Chicago, wandered around for a half hour or so until I found my gate. And, oh my, the flight from Chicago to Newark is lovely. Lots of water. Reminding me I want to live by water. And mountains. And snow. Oh, and I've decided where I want to get married - inside a cloud. It's fun. Our pilot spent what seemed like quite a while playing in the clouds. I enjoyed it. I was tempted to take a detour to NYC after seeing it through the window... But it's not winter here, so I'll keep going.

And we're boarding. I am going to PerĂº. AAH. More details to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment