Wednesday, June 3, 2009

14 Days Until Winter

So here it is, my fresh start, a new blog. At the old address. I can't help it! I love being Laurzilla.

Stay tuned for stories of my exploits. Currently, we are in the South America/wedding planning/summer episode. I'm trying not to lose my mind.

To catch everyone up, I am headed for Peru on June 16. Or as I'm trying to train myself, 16 June. Why must the US always be different?! Metric system, 24 hour clock, day/month/year - all these make a lot more sense. Oh well. Anywho, in a short 14 days I will take a ridiculously long and roundabout plane ride to the lovely city of Lima. I'm going with a program through OU called Journey to South America. It's half class, half tour, and I'm thinking all enjoyable. If we ever find out who we're rooming with... We spend 2 weeks in Peru, back and forth between Lima and Cusco/Machu Picchu, then hop over to Chile for another 2 weeks, spent in Santiago and ViƱa del Mar. I'm excited. And terrified. Which seems to be a theme for my life recently.

The rest of the summer, and I mean literally ever other available second, I am planning my wedding. Again, exciterrified. Cody and I are planning on getting married in the early part of next summer. I had this dream that maybe I could find a location before I left, but those days are quickly vanishing, and the panic of the perfect place being taken is replacing them. Luckily, I had the amazing luck to find a wedding planner - for free! The wonderful Leslie Conner is just starting up, and offered her services for free to the first 6 clients. She's amazing, and I am so grateful to have her help. But, I haven't quite figured out how much control I want to relinquish, and how to do that...

Somehow in the midst of all this, I found someone to hire me. For two weeks. And then lose me for a month to the Amazon. And then let me come back to work. This still amazes and confuses me. But, I am not arguing! All that to say, I must go get ready for my second day of training. Thanks for playing, and welcome aboard my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment